Know Your Kettle
The Breville IQ Kettle™ — Every cup of tea is now the perfect cup of tea. Five settings brew at the exact temperatures for green, white, oolong and black teas.
The Hold Temp button keeps the kettle at temperature for 20 minutes — ready for that second cup. Clear water-level indicators on both sides and 360° stainless steel directional base for added convenience.
|A. Soft Opening Lid with Viewing Window.||B. Lid Release Button.|
|C. Scale Filter.||D. Dual Water Windows.|
|E. 7.5 Cup/1.8 liter Capacity.||F. Rapid Boil 1500 Watt Concealed Element.|
|G. Auto Shut-Off & Boil Dry Protection.||H. 5 Temperature Settings.|
|I. KEEP WARM Button.||J. START/CANCEL Button.|
|K. Multi-Directional Base with Cord Storage.||Not Shown Breville Assist™ Plug.|
The Breville® IQ Kettle™ comes with some special features.
- KEEP WARM Function – The kettle offers a convenient KEEP WARM function that can be used before, during, or upon completion of the water heating cycle. When the water has reached the selected temperature, the KEEP WARM function will hold the selected temperature for 20 minutes. If the 212°F button is selected when using the KEEP WARM function, the boiled water will remain at approximately 200°F for 20 minutes.
- Variable Temperature Control – The variable electronic control panel offers five different Fahrenheit temperatures for optimal tea and coffee brewing: 175°F, 185°F, 195°F, 200°F and 212°F.
Set up of the IQ Kettle™ is quick and easy
- Ensure that the scale filter is firmly in place in the spout of the kettle.
- Place the base on a flat dry surface.
- Set the kettle on top of the base and plug the power cord into a 110/120 volt wall outlet.
Before First Use
- Remove all packaging material and promotional labels and safely discard.
- Wash the kettle in warm soapy water with a soft cloth. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Wipe down the kettle base with a soft damp cloth. Dry thoroughly.
- Once both kettle and base are completely dry, fill the kettle to the maximum level with cold tap water.
- Place on the power base and plug the base in.
- Select the BOIL 212° button and allow to complete the heating cycle.
- Once temperature has been reached and the water is boiling, press the START/CANCEL button to stop the cycle and discard the water.
All Breville® products have at least a one-year limited product warranty, valid from the date of purchase. Should your Breville® product have a defect in product material or workmanship within the Warranty period, Breville® will arrange to have your original product returned to us, and either deliver an identical or comparable replacement to you, free of charge, or apply such other remedy as described below. Some models may have longer warranty periods on the product or specific components so please consult the individual product warranty for complete terms and conditions.
DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO THE STORE*
Please follow these instructions, subject to the terms of the Warranty, to receive faster service:
1. Write down the product model number, batch code (this is a 3 or 4 digit number) and/or serial number. These can be found on a sticker or molded into the product housing and are typically located underneath or on the back of the product
2. Have the original or a copy of the sales receipt.
3. Contact Breville®. Please see Breville® USA contact information below.
4. If the product, or one of its parts, qualifies for replacement or service under the Warranty, Breville® will send a pre-paid shipping label via email so that the product may be sent to Breville® at no cost to you. Upon receipt of the product, Breville® may ship the replacement or contact you with further information regarding repair of the product. Typical turnaround time to address Warranty claims is up to 10 business days, plus shipping, depending on your geographical location and type of damage or Warranty claim.
5. For additional protection of the product and and to ensure secure handling while a product is being returned for any Warranty repair, Breville® recommends that you use Breville’s shipping label or a traceable, insured delivery service. Breville® is not responsible for any damage while a product is in transit.
For the complete terms of warranty, see the warranty PDF:
One-Year Limited Product Warranty.pdf
* California residents – please see paragraph entitled “Warranty Notice to California Residents Only” on page 4.
Breville® USA Contact Information
8am to 5pm (Pacific Time) Monday through Friday, excluding holidays
Head Office Address:
19400 S. Western Ave
Torrance, CA 90501
(Please do not return product to this address without speaking to Breville® and obtaining a Return Authority number.)
Care and Use
- If the temperature is changed during the KEEP WARM function, the START/CANCEL button surround will illuminate.
- This product is not calibrated for commercial or scientific use. The temperatures may very +/- 10°F (5°C), however still within range for optimal brewing for each type of tea or coffee.
- If a temperature button is not selected and the START/CANCEL button is pressed, the kettle will start heating water to the default 212°F or the last selected temperature.
- This kettle is designed for boiling or heating water only. Never use it to heat or boil any other liquids or food stuffs. Never insert tea or coffee into this kettle.
- Always fill the kettle to between the minimum and maximum marks on the water window on the kettle. Too little water will result in the kettle switching itself off for Boil Dry Protection. Too much may result in boiling/heated water splashing from the kettle.
- The default temperature setting of the kettle when plugged in is 212°F. When the kettle is unplugged and plugged back in, regardless of the last temperature selected, the temperature selection will default to 212°F. When the kettle remains plugged in and a different temperature setting is selected, the setting will remain at the last selected setting until changed or unplugged.
- The kettle features a removable mesh filter to assist in removing scale deposits for cleaner water. To clean the scale, remove the filter by opening the lid and sliding the filter up and out of the kettle.
- Place the filter under hot running water and rub with a cleaning cloth or brush.
- To replace the filter, slide the filter down into the slot behind the spout of the kettle and push back into position.
- Scale can build up over regular use of the kettle from the minerals that are in most water.
- Lime Scale and Phosphate Scale are two common types of scale build up. Lime Scale comes in the appearance of white-colored or rusty looking build up on the inner walls of the kettle. Phosphate scale can not be seen but it can cause water to appear cloudy when heated up.
- To prevent scale build up in the kettle, periodically, once every other month or so depending on how hard the water being used is, descaling will need to be done.
- There are proprietary kettle descalers that can be purchased in stores.
- Alternatively, fill the kettle 2/3 full with 1 part vinegar and 2 parts water.
- Boil the solution and allow to stand in the kettle overnight.
- This may need to be repeated if a long amount of time has passed since the last time the kettle was descaled or if the water is particularly hard or has a large amount of minerals.
- The next morning, discard the solution and fill the kettle with fresh clean water and bring to a boil.
- Discard the water and repeat with another kettle of fresh clean water.
- The exterior of the kettle and the base can be cleaned after each use.
- Unplug the base from the wall outlet.
- Wipe both the exterior of the kettle and the base down with a soft damp cloth.
- Ensure that both are completely dry before plugging the base in for use again.
- Tea Varieties are grown and produced in different environments and require specific water temperatures to allow their unique flavor and aroma to develop during brewing. To bring out the optimal quality and taste of more delicate tea leave, a lower temperature will produce a better flavored cup of tea. For example, steeping green, white, or oolong teas in boiling water may scald the tea leaves and result in a bitter astringent brew.
- Brewing tea for too long may also result in a bitter unpleasant taste, while brewing for too short a period may leave the tea bland.
Tea/Coffee Table for temperatures
(Suited to 175°F)
(Suited to 185°F)
(Suited to 195°F)
(Suited to 200°F)
(suited to 212°F)
|Arabian Night||Apple||Most Oolong Teas||Coffee/Decaffeinated Coffee||Assam|
|Asatsuyu||Black Cherry||Instant Coffee Granules||Ancient Tree|
|Bancha||Blackcurrent||Plunger Coffee||Bagged Tea|
|Ceylon Green||China Yin Zhen||Ceylon||Chamomile|
|China Chun Mee||Coconut||SUGGESTED TEAS||Chai|
|Darjeeling Green||Elderflower||China Lapsang Souchong||Cinnamon|
|Dragon Well||Ginger||China Rosa||Golden Yunnan|
|Gyokuro||Mango||Earl Gray||Lapsang Souchong|
|Nepal Green Tea||Strawberry||Indian Chi||Kenya|
|Russian Samovar||Whole Leaf|