Know Your Kettle
The Breville IQ Kettle™ Pure – – With 5 temperature settings and a soft opening lid, it’s the kettle that knows the ideal temperature for tea or coffee with the purity of glass.
|A. Soft Opening Lid.||B. Lid Release Button.|
|C. Scale Filter.||D. German SCHOTT Glass Jug.|
|E. 7 Cup/1.7 Liter Capacity.||F. Rapid Boil 1500 Watt Concealed Element.|
|G. Auto Shut-Off & Boil Dry Protection.||H. 5 Temperature Settings.|
|I. KEEP WARM Button.||J. START/CANCEL Button.|
|K. Multi-Directional Base with Cord Storage.||Not Shown Breville Assist™ Plug.|
The IQ Kettle™ Pure comes with some special features.
- Variable Temperature Control – The kettle comes with five different temperature settings that are optimal for different types of tea or coffee. The 195° Setting is the optimal temperature for making Oolong tea and the 200° Setting is the best temperature for French Press Coffee.
- Safety Boil Dry Protection – The kettle is fitted with a safety device that protects against overheating should the kettle be operated with insufficient water. If the water level becomes too low, the kettle will stop heating.
- BPA-Free – All parts of the kettle that come in contact with water are BPA-free.
Set up of the IQ Kettle™ pure is quick and easy
- Open the lid of the kettle using the lid release button.
- Press the scale filter against the inner plastic lip of the kettle lid to ensure that it is firmly in place.
- Fill the kettle with fresh cold water to the desired amount.
- Reset the kettle on the base and plug the base into a wall outlet.
Before First Use
- Remove and safely discard all packaging and promotional materials and labels.
- Open the lid by pressing the Lid Release button.
- Ensure that the scale filter is securely in place by pressing the upper plastic part against the inner plastic lip of the jug.
- Fill the kettle to the ‘MAX’ mark with fresh clean water.
- Replace the kettle on the base and plug the base into a wall outlet.
- Select the ‘BOIL’ preset and press the START/CANCEL button.
- Allow the kettle to reach the selected temperature. Once it has the kettle will turn off.
- Discard the water and replace the kettle.
Breville® Limited Product Warranty
All Breville® products have at least a one-year limited product warranty, valid from the date of purchase. Should your Breville® product have a defect in product material or workmanship within the Warranty period, Breville® will arrange to have your original product returned to us, and either deliver an identical or comparable replacement to you, free of charge or apply such other remedy as described below. Some models may have longer warranty periods on the product or specific components so please consult the individual product warranty for complete terms and conditions.
DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO THE STORE*
Please follow these instructions, subject to the terms of the Warranty, to receive faster service:
1. Write down the product model number, batch code (this is a 3 or 4 digit number) and/or serial number. These can be found on a sticker or molded into the product housing and are typically located underneath or on the back of the product
2. Have the original or a copy of the sales receipt.
3. Contact Breville®. Please see Breville® USA contact information below.
4. If the product, or one of its parts, qualifies for replacement or service under the Warranty, Breville® will send a pre-paid shipping label via email so that the product may be sent to Breville® at no cost to you. Upon receipt of the product, Breville® may ship the replacement or contact you with further information regarding repair of the product. Typical turnaround time to address Warranty claims is up to 10 business days, plus shipping, depending on your geographical location and type of damage or Warranty claim.
5. For additional protection of the product and to ensure secure handling while a product is being returned for any Warranty repair, Breville® recommends that you use Breville’s shipping label or a traceable, insured delivery service. Breville® is not responsible for any damage while a product is in transit.
For the complete terms of the warranty, see the warranty PDF:
One-Year Limited Product Warranty
* California residents – please see paragraph entitled “Warranty Notice to California Residents Only” on page 4.
Care and Use
- This kettle is not calibrated for commercial or scientific use. Temperatures may vary however they will be within range for optimal brewing for each type of tea of coffee.
- Always fill the kettle between the minimum(MIN) and maximum(MAX) marks on the sides of the kettle. If the water is below the MIN mark, the kettle will not function. If it is above the MAX mark, there is a risk of over boiler and water splashing out of the kettle.
- The KEEP WARM function can be selected before, during or after the heating cycle.
- If no preset temperature is selected and the START/CANCEL button is pressed, the kettle will default to the BOIL setting, heating the water to 212°F.
- This kettle must only be used with the power base that was supplied with it.
- The default temperature setting is 212°F. If a different preset is selected and, after use, the base is unplugged, when plugged back in, the 212°F will be the default again.
- If the kettle is removed from the base during the KEEP WARM function, the kettle will automatically shut off.
The kettle should always be unplugged before any exterior cleaning is done and should only be plugged in for cleaning if descaling.
Removable Scale Filter
- To clean the removable scale filter, grasp the top of it, located by the pour spout of the jug, and pull straight up.
- Run the filter under hot running water and rubbing with a soft cloth or a nylon brush.
- The scale filter can become damaged over time to make sure to check it when cleaning it and, if damage is seen, replace it.
- Through regular use, scale and mineral deposits can build up on the inside of the kettle. Scale can come in the form of Lime scale or Phosphate scale. Lime scale will look like white or rusty colored small deposits that build up on the inner floor of the kettle. Depending on the mineral content of the water being used these can be seen very quickly after first use or not for some time. Phosphate scale can’t be seen, however, it can cause the water to appear cloudy when heated.
- To prevent scale from damaging the kettle, it is recommended that it be descaled regularly and emptied after each use.
- Descaling can be done with commercial and proprietary descalers available from most leading supermarkets, department stores or hardware stores.
- Alternately a vinegar solution can be used to descale the kettle as well.
- Fill the kettle 2/3 of the way full with a solution of 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water.
- Set the temperature to BOIL.
- Once the heating cycle is done, allow the kettle to turn off but leave the solution in the kettle over night.
- In the morning, empty the solution, fill the kettle to the MAX line with fresh clean water and bring this to a boil.
- Discard the water once the heating cycle is done and repeat with another kettle full of fresh clean water and discard that as well.
- For smaller spots of scale, a paste can be made of baking soda and lemon juice, to the consistency of toothpaste.
- Rub this solution on the spots of visible scale with a finger tip or a sponge and leave for 4 minutes.
- Wipe the paste off with a soft cloth and rinse and dry thoroughly.
Cleaning the Exterior
- Do not use chemicals, steel wool, or any abrasive cleaners to clean the inside or outside of the jug or to clean the base.
- Wipe the outside of the kettle and the base with a soft damp cloth and polish with a soft dry cloth.
- Tea Varieties are grown and produced in different environments and require specific water temperatures to allow their unique flavor and aroma to develop during brewing. To bring out the optimal quality and taste of more delicate tea leave, a lower temperature will produce a better flavored cup of tea. For example, steeping green, white, or oolong teas in boiling water may scald the tea leaves and result in a bitter astringent brew.
- Brewing tea for too long may also result in a bitter unpleasant taste, while brewing for too short a period may leave the tea bland.
Tea/Coffee Table for temperatures
(Suited to 175°F)
(Suited to 185°F)
(Suited to 195°F)
(Suited to 200°F)
(suited to 212°F)
|Arabian Night||Apple||Most Oolong Teas||Coffee/Decaffeinated Coffee||Assam|
|Asatsuyu||Black Cherry||Instant Coffee Granules||Ancient Tree|
|Bancha||Blackcurrent||Plunger Coffee||Bagged Tea|
|Ceylon Green||China Yin Zhen||Ceylon||Chamomile|
|China Chun Mee||Coconut||SUGGESTED TEAS||Chai|
|Darjeeling Green||Elderflower||China Lapsang Souchong||Cinnamon|
|Dragon Well||Ginger||China Rosa||Golden Yunnan|
|Gyokuro||Mango||Earl Gray||Lapsang Souchong|
|Nepal Green Tea||Strawberry||Indian Chi||Kenya|
|Russian Samovar||Whole Leaf|