Know Your Grill
The BGR200XL Panini Grill™ – The ribbed, non-stick cooking plates offer a 115-square-inch cooking surface to accommodate steaks and Artisan breads. And the extendable feet can be flipped forward to level the bottom cooking plate, or flipped backwards to angle the bottom plate and drain the maximum amount of fat while cooking.
|A. Floating Hinged Top Plate – The top plate automatically adjusts to thick or thin meats, seafood, vegetables or sandwiches.|
|B. Non-Stick Cooking Plates.||C. Removable Drip Tray.|
|D. Angle Adjust Non-Slip Feet.||E. Convenient Cord Storage in Base.|
|F. Variable Temperature Control Dial.||G. Stainless Steel Housing.|
|H. POWER and READY Lights.||I. Adjustable Grilling Height Control Clip with 7 Settings.|
|J. Die-Cast Arms.||K. ON/OFF Switch.|
|L. Angled Ribbed Grill Plates.||M. 1500W Element.|
The Breville® Panini Grill™ comes with some special features.
- Adjustable Height control – The Adjustable height control allows the top plate to be fixed to a number of different positions above the bottom plate. This allows the grill to be used to gently grill delicate items like fish and hamburger buns without squashing them. This feature also allows the plates to be opened wider for thicker sandwiches and cuts of meat.
- Angle Adjust Non-Slip Feet – The angle adjust feet allow the grill plates to be used flat so that items like sausages and hot dogs don’t roll off. This feature also allows the bottom plate to be angled for maximum fat and grease drainage.
- Variable Temperature Control dial – The variable temperature control dial allows for a large variety of temperatures to be selected, making sure that there is just the right setting for the dish being grilled. From Seal to Panini and beyond, this feature allows the maximum versatility for grilling to be at your finger tips.
|Power||1500 Watt Element.
Variable Temperature control with a range between 350°F to 440°F.
|Materials||Pressed Stainless Steel body.
High-grade, non-stick surface.
|Key Features||Patented adjustable height control.
Flip out feet to adjust angle.
|Dimensions||12″(W) x 15″(L) x 5″(H)|
The Panini Grill comes fully set up and ready to grill.
Before First Use
- Remove all packaging and promotional materials and labels and safely discard.
- Using a soft damp cloth, wipe down the plates, both top and bottom, to ensure that they are free of dust and any residual packing materials.
- Dry the plates thoroughly.
- Wipe down the external housing of the grill with a soft damp cloth, including the bottom of the grill.
- Dry the housing thoroughly.
All Breville® products have at least a one-year limited product warranty, valid from the date of purchase. Should your Breville® product have a defect in product material or workmanship within the Warranty period, Breville® will arrange to have your original product returned to us, and either deliver an identical or comparable replacement to you, free of charge, or apply such other remedy as described below. Some models may have longer warranty periods on the product or specific components so please consult the individual product warranty for complete terms and conditions.
DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO THE STORE*
Please follow these instructions, subject to the terms of the Warranty, to receive faster service:
1. Write down the product model number, batch code (this is a 3 or 4 digit number) and/or serial number. These can be found on a sticker or molded into the product housing and are typically located underneath or on the back of the product
2. Have the original or a copy of the sales receipt.
3. Contact Breville®. Please see Breville® USA contact information below.
4. If the product, or one of its parts, qualifies for replacement or service under the Warranty, Breville® will send a pre-paid shipping label via email so that the product may be sent to Breville® at no cost to you. Upon receipt of the product, Breville® may ship the replacement or contact you with further information regarding repair of the product. Typical turnaround time to address Warranty claims is up to 10 business days, plus shipping, depending on your geographical location and type of damage or Warranty claim.
5. For additional protection of the product and and to ensure secure handling while a product is being returned for any Warranty repair, Breville® recommends that you use Breville’s shipping label or a traceable, insured delivery service. Breville® is not responsible for any damage while a product is in transit.
For the complete terms of warranty, see the warranty PDF:
One-Year Limited Product Warranty.pdf
* California residents – please see paragraph entitled “Warranty Notice to California Residents Only” on page 4.
Breville® USA Contact Information
8am to 5pm (Pacific Time) Monday through Friday, excluding holidays
Head Office Address:
19400 S. Western Ave
Torrance, CA 90501
(Please do not return product to this address without speaking to Breville® and obtaining a Return Authority number.)
Care and Use
- The green ‘READY’ light will cycle on and off during the cooking process, indicating that the correct temperature is being maintained.
- Foods may be cooked with the top plate in the open or closed position.
- Always allow the grill to preheat at least once before placing the food to be grilled on the plates.
- The adjustable height control can be moved to accommodate thick or thin foods by sliding the clip forwards or backwards along the arm.
- The storage clip should never be used to clamp the top plate down when food is on the grill
- Always clean the grill with the plug removed from any power outlet.
- Do not use stray-on non-stick coatings as this will affect the performance of the non-stick surface on the cooking plates.
- Allow the grill to cool somewhat after use. The grill is always easier to clean when still warm but it is important to allow it to cool significantly, at least 10 minutes, after use.
- Always clean the grill after use to prevent the build up of baked-on foods.
- To clean the cooking plates, wipe with a soft cloth damp cloth and a little gentle dish washing liquid. Rise with a second soft damp cloth and dry thoroughly.
- The plates are coated with a non-stick coating. Do not use any type of abrasive cleaner or scouring pad.
- To clean baked-on food residue, squeeze some water mixed with detergent onto the food and gently clean with a non-abrasive plastic scouring pad.
- The drip tray should be removed and cleaned after every use.
- Wash the drip tray in hot soapy water with a soft cloth to avoid scratching.
- Alternately, the drip tray can be washed in the dish washer on the top shelf only, in a standard wash cycle.
- Rinse the drip tray and dry thoroughly before inserting it back into the grill.
- To clean the housing of the grill, use a soft damp cloth and a small amount of mild detergent or dish washing liquid mixed in to wipe the housing clean.
- Rinse and dry the housing thoroughly.
|Ingredient and Type||Cooking Time|
*Sirloin Steak*Minute Steak
|3 minutes for medium rare OR
5 – 6 minutes for well done1 – 2 minutes
4 – 6 minutes
|4 – 6 minutes
4 – 6 minutes
|6 minutes or until cooked through
4 – 5 minutes or until cooked through
|3 – 4 Minutes
6 – 7 minutes
|Panini or Foccacia||3 – 8 minutes or until golden brown|
|Vegetables sliced 1/2″ thick
|3 – 5 minutes|
|2 – 4 minutes
3 – 5 minutes