Know Your Grill
The Breville Panini Press “Duo” — In Australia, a panini is called a Breville. Find out why. Even heat distribution and adjustable height for authentic café-style grilled paninis.
|A. 1500 watt element.||B. Die-Cast arms.|
|C. Floating Top Plate.||D. Non-Stick Cooking Plates.|
|E. POWER and READY lights.||F. Safety Locking Storage Clip.|
|G. Adjustable Height Control Clip – with 4 settings for making open sandwich melts, toasted sandwiches and everything in between.|
|H. Non-Slip feet.||I. Convenient Cord Wrap in Base.|
The Panini Press “Duo” comes with some special features.
- The adjustable height control allows the top plate to adjust, accommodating sandwiches of different thickness to be grilled. From the highest setting, allowing open faced sandwiches to be grilled, to the lowest setting for thinner, lighter sandwiches to be grilled.
- 1500 watts of power in the heating element allow for fast heat up and quick toasting.
- The floating top plate allows for height adjustment of the top plate, making for easy grilling of open face sandwiches and paninis.
|Power||1500 watt element.|
|Materials||Brushed stainless steel housing.
Non-stick, scratch resistant Quantanium™ coating.
|Key Features||Large plates accommodating two sandwiches.
Floating hinge top plate.
Ribbed top plate for aesthetic grill marks.
Flat bottom plate for faster, more even cooking and easy clean up.
Integrated On/Off ‘Power’ and ‘Ready’ lights.
Adjustable height control.
Locking storage clip.
|Dimensions||(Grill)13″(W) x 11.75″(L) x 5.25″(H)
(Top Plate) 11.25″(W) x 7.60″(L)
(Bottom Plate) 11.25″(W) x 8.75″(L)
Before First Use
The Panini Press “Duo” comes set up and ready to grill.
All Breville® products have at least a one-year limited product warranty, valid from the date of purchase. Should your Breville® product have a defect in product material or workmanship within the Warranty period, Breville® will arrange to have your original product returned to us, and either deliver an identical or comparable replacement to you, free of charge, or apply such other remedy as described below. Some models may have longer warranty periods on the product or specific components so please consult the individual product warranty for complete terms and conditions.
DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO THE STORE*
Please follow these instructions, subject to the terms of the Warranty, to receive faster service:
- Write down the product model number, batch code (this is a 3 or 4 digit number) and/or serial number. These can be found on a sticker or molded into the product housing and are typically located underneath or on the back of the product
- Have the original or a copy of the sales receipt.
- Contact Breville®. Please see Breville® USA contact information below.
- If the product, or one of its parts, qualifies for replacement or service under the Warranty, Breville® will send a pre-paid shipping label via email so that the product may be sent to Breville® at no cost to you. Upon receipt of the product, Breville® may ship the replacement or contact you with further information regarding repair of the product. Typical turnaround time to address Warranty claims is up to 10 business days, plus shipping, depending on your geographical location and type of damage or Warranty claim.
- For additional protection of the product and and to ensure secure handling while a product is being returned for any Warranty repair, Breville® recommends that you use Breville’s shipping label or a traceable, insured delivery service. Breville® is not responsible for any damage while a product is in transit.
For the complete terms of warranty, see the warranty PDF:
One-Year Limited Product Warranty.pdf
* California residents – please see paragraph entitled “Warranty Notice to California Residents Only” on page 4.
Breville® USA Contact Information
8am to 5pm (Pacific Time) Monday through Friday, excluding holidays
Head Office Address:
19400 S. Western Ave
Torrance, CA 90501
(Please do not return product to this address without speaking to Breville® and obtaining a Return Authority number.)
Care and Use
- Always allow the panini press to pre-heat until the green ‘READY’ light illuminates.
- The adjustable height control can be moved to accommodate thick or thin melts by sliding the clip forwards or backwards on the arm.
- Be aware that the outer surface of the grill may be hot due to the heat generated from the plates. Always exercise caution when the grill is in use.
- Always fully unwind the cord before use.
- Do not use spray-on non-stick coatings on the grill plates as this will affect the performance of the non-stick surface of the plates.
- The grill is easier to clean when slightly warm but should always be allowed to cool somewhat before cleaning.
- Always clean the panini press after each use to prevent build up on baked-on foods.
- Wipe the cooking plates with a soft damp cloth.
- If the cooked on food is not removed with the damp cloth, reheat the grill for 1 – 2 minutes then brush the food with a little oil. Allow to stand for 5 minutes with the grill turned off, then wipe with a damp cloth.
- Wipe the outside of the grill with a soft damp cloth and warm soapy water.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or harsh scouring pads on either the plates or the outside of the grill. This can scratch and damage the surfaces.
Most types of bread can be used with the panini press: white, wholemeal, kibbled wheat, wholegrain, raisin bread and so on. The panini press is ideal for toasting foccacia, Turkish bread and baguettes, as well as bread rolls. Raisin bread, brioche and other sweet breads which contain a high sugar content will tend to brown quicker.
Try to use canned or precooked fruit for fillings, as fresh fruit may give off excessive juices when heated. Be very careful when biting into sandwiches containing fillings such as cheese and tomato or jam as they retain heat and can burn your mouth if eaten too quickly.
The flat bottom plate design makes the panini press ideal for toasting plain bread and Turkish bread without any fillings or spreads. The flat bottom plate is also perfect for cooking breakfast items such as eggs and pancakes.
Fat Free Snacks
Due to the non-stick flat plate design, it is not necessary to use any butter or margarine on the outside of your toasted snacks, reducing the fat content of them.