Know Your Juicer
The Breville Die-Cast Citrus Press Citrus fruits come in all shapes and sizes. So how do you juice the smallest lime or the largest grapefruit without switching cones?
This Breville citrus press is designed to maximize juice yield from all types of citrus. A uniquely finned cone extracts juice all the way to the rind, regardless of size.
Juicing is now sweeter than ever.
|A. Juice Press Arm – Patented juicing handle features a unique triple hinged arm to ensure downward pressure throughout the juicing process to maximize juice yield.||B. Stainless Steel Filter – Dishwasher safe.|
|C. Powerful Motor – Automatically starts when pressure i applied to the Juicing Cone.||D. ON/OFF Button.|
|E. Cord Storage – wraps around and clips into position under Motor Base(not shown in picture).||F. Soft Grip Handle – makes juicing easy.|
|G. Fruit Dome. – is easily removable for cleaning(dishwasher safe).||H. Die-Cast Stainless Steel Juicing cone – uniquely finned and undulating cone extracts the maximum juice from all sizes of citrus fruit(dishwasher safe).|
|I. Juice Collector – collects the juice to flow out the Juice Spout(dishwasher safe).||J. Juice Spout – opens all the way for cleaning with anti-drip stop function.|
|K. Double Stage Switching System – juicer will NOT operate unless it is correctly assembled for safety and performance.|
The Citrus Press has some special features, listed below.
- Quadra-Fin™ “juicing cone” allows the juicing of any size citrus fruit from limes to grapefruit. The finned and undulating cone optimizes the juice coming from the fruit.
- A power-assisted arm that allows for quick and effortless juicing. The arm is triple-hinged to ensure that the angle of pressure on the citrus is optimal.
|Materials||Professional grade die-cast metals.|
|Key Features||Drip stop juice spout
Stainless steel filter
|Innovations||Quadra-Fin™ juicing cone*.
Revolutionary active-arm press* with soft grip handle
|Dimensions||14″(L) x 17″(H) x 10″(W)|
- Pull the Juice Press Arm up and backwards, away from the Motor Base, until fully extended.
- Place the Juice Collector onto the Drive Shaft on top of the Motor Base, ensuring the Juice Spout fits into the semi-circular groove at the front of the Motor Base.
- Insert the Stainless Steel Filter into the Juice Collector, aligning the indent/arrow on the bottom of the Filter over the corresponding tab with the arrow on the Juice Collector.
- Place the Juicing Cone onto the Drive Shaft and press down lightly to lock into place.
- Insert the Fruit Dome onto the underside of the Juice Press Arm by aligning the tab on top of the dome with the hole in the arm. Hold the Juice Press Arm and press the Fruit Dome up and backwards until the dome locks into position.
- Ensure the Anti-drip spout is pushed down into the pouring position and place a suitable sized glass or jug underneath the Juice Spout.
Before First Use
- Remove any packaging and promotional stickers and labels before assembling the Citrus Press.
- Wash the Filter, Juice Cone, Juice Collector and Fruit Dome with warm soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Wipe down the Motor Base with a soft, damp cloth and dry thoroughly.
All Breville® products have at least a one-year limited product warranty, valid from the date of purchase. Should your Breville® product have a defect in product material or workmanship within the Warranty period, Breville® will arrange to have your original product returned to us, and either deliver an identical or comparable replacement to you, free of charge, or apply such other remedy as described below. Some models may have longer warranty periods on the product or specific components so please consult the individual product warranty for complete terms and conditions.
DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO THE STORE*
Please follow these instructions, subject to the terms of the Warranty, to receive faster service:
1. Write down the product model number, batch code (this is a 3 or 4 digit number) and/or serial number. These can be found on a sticker or molded into the product housing and are typically located underneath or on the back of the product
2. Have the original or a copy of the sales receipt.
3. Contact Breville®. Please see Breville® USA contact information below.
4. If the product, or one of its parts, qualifies for replacement or service under the Warranty, Breville® will send a pre-paid shipping label via email so that the product may be sent to Breville® at no cost to you. Upon receipt of the product, Breville® may ship the replacement or contact you with further information regarding repair of the product. Typical turnaround time to address Warranty claims is up to 10 business days, plus shipping, depending on your geographical location and type of damage or Warranty claim.
5. For additional protection of the product and and to ensure secure handling while a product is being returned for any Warranty repair, Breville® recommends that you use Breville’s shipping label or a traceable, insured delivery service. Breville® is not responsible for any damage while a product is in transit.
For the complete terms of warranty, see the warranty PDF:
* California residents – please see paragraph entitled “Warranty Notice to California Residents Only” on page 4.
Care and Use
- The Fruit Dome is keyed and can only be inserted in one way to ensure that it does not rotate during operation.
- Some fruits, such as lemons and tangelos, have knobby tip ends which require trimming for better contact with the Fruit Dome.
- Always use fresh fruit for juicing.
- Citrus fruit can be stored at room temperature in a dry area. More juice is obtained from room temperature citrus fruit then from cold citrus fruit.
The Citrus Press is made of the highest quality materials to ensure long use. However, as with any machine, routine maintenance is essential to the long life of the Citrus Press.
- Rinse or wash all removable parts immediately after use. Dried citrus pulp is difficult to remove and may stain. If staining does occur, wipe the discolored part with undiluted dish washing liquid, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- All removable parts should be washed in hot soapy water or on the top shelf of the dishwasher. The Motor Base and Juice Press Arm should be wiped with a soft damp cloth. All parts should be dried thoroughly before reassembling.
- Do not soak the Stainless Steel Filter or other removable parts in bleach. Do not immerse the Motor Base in water or any other liquid. Do not use harsh abrasives.
- 70% of the nutrient content of fruits and vegetables is found in the juice.
- Always use fresh fruit for juicing.
- Select fruit with firm, smooth skins that are blemish free.
- Select medium sized grapefruits, lemons and limes for easier juicing.
- Citrus fruit can be stored at room temperature in a dry area and this is recommended as more juice is obtained from fruit stored at room temperature.
There are several reasons why the Citrus Press may not be working:
- The power switch is not on. Though the switch can easily be moved to the ‘On’ position, if not fully pressed into that position, it may move back to ‘Off’. There are no indicator lights to show that the unit is now powered up so if the unit is plugged in and the press arm is lowered, verify that the button is fully in the ‘On’ position.
- The Juice Press Arm is not lowered. The Juicing Cone will not begin rotating until the arm is pressed firmly down. If the arm is not completely down, as a safety precaution, the cone will not operate.
- Though the Fruit Dome is designed to only be inserted one way, if either it, the stainless steel filter, or the juicing cone are not assembled correctly, the Citrus press will not engage. If the switch is fully on and the arm is lowered but the Citrus Press will not engage, ensure that the filter is in the correct placement with the indent containing the arrow on the bottom of the filter aligned with the corresponding tab with arrow on the juice collector. Make sure that the juicing cone is firmly pressed onto the drive shaft and locked into place. Also ensure that the Fruit Dome is assembled correctly and fully inserted into the juicing arm.
- If the Citrus Press is assembled correctly, the power switch on, and the juicing arm lowered but the press will still not engage, ensure that the plug is fully inserted into the wall outlet. If it is, try the press in another outlet that is on a different circuit.