Know Your Juicer
The Breville Juice & Blend™ — Blended drinks with 100% fresh juice — all on the one interchangeable base. Harder fruits and vegetables are best juiced. Softer fruits and vegetables are best blended. With the Juice & Blend™ you can make icy cold cocktails and smoothies using 100% fresh fruit juice.
|A. Food Pusher||B. Juicer Cover with Feed Chute|
|C. Pulp Container||D. Juicing Speed Guide`|
|E. Filter Basket||F. Filter Bowl Surround|
|G. Motor Drive Coupling||H. Motor Base|
|I. Safety Locking Arm||J. START/OFF button and speed control dial|
|K. OVERLOAD RESET button (underside of the Motor Base)||L. Juicing Jug Lid|
|M. 40oz. (1.2L) Juicing Jug||N. Nylon Cleaning Brush|
- Overload Protection – If overloading occurs, the Overload protection will automatically de-activate the motor. When this occurs, unplug the power cord from the outlet and press the OVERLOAD RESET button found on the underside of the Motor Base. This will reset the Overload Protection, enabling you to reconnect the power cord to the outlet and recommence normal use
- Overheat Protection – If overheating occurs, the START/OFF button surround will flash read and the Overhead Protection will automatically de-activate the motor. When this occurs, unplug the power cord from the outlet and allow the appliance to cool for at least 15 minutes. Then reconnect the power cord to the outlet and recommence normal use.
- Electronic Protection – If the motor stalls, the START/OFF button surround will flash red and the Electronic Protection will automatically de-activate the motor. When this occurs, unplug the power cord from the outlet and clear the Feed Chute. Either too much food is being processed at one time or the pieces are not small enough. Try trimming food, cutting food into smaller pieces or even size and/or processing a smaller amount per batch. Then reconnect the power cord to the outlet and recommence normal use.
|Juicer Features||Blender Features|
|Capacity||40 oz. Juicing Jug with Froth separater||51 oz. Glass blending jug|
|Power||1200 watts in Juicer Mode||750 watts in Blender Mode|
|Materials||Stainless Steel NutriDisc™
Stainless steel body
Titanium reinforced cutting blades
|Stainless steel cutting blades
Glass blending jug
Stainless steel body
|Key Features||5 Electronic variable speeds
3″ wide feed chute for processing whole fruits and vegetables
|5 Electronic variable speeds
Hemisphere™ blade and bowl technology
|Other Features||Juicing speed guide
Stabilizing knife in the chute
|Breville Assist™ Lid for easy removal
Dishwasher safe design
Blade removal spanner
|Dimensions||15.25″(L) x 7.75″(W) x 17″(H)||7.25″(L) x 8″(W) x 18″(H)|
|Weight||15 lbs.||14.8 lbs|
Place the Motor Base on a flat, dry surface such as a bench top. Ensure the power cord is unplugged from the outlet
Juicer Set Up
- Place the Filter Surround on top of the motor Base.
Align the arrows on the Filter Basket with the arrows on the Motor Drive Coupling and push down until it clicks into place. Ensure the Filter Basket is Fitted Securely inside the Filter Bowl Surround and onto the Motor Base.
- Lower the Juice Cover, positioning the rim within the Filter Bowl Surround.
- Lock the Safety Locking Arm into the two grooves on either side of the Juicer Cover.
- Slide the Food Pusher down into the Feed Chute by aligning the groove in the Food Pusher with the small protrusion on the inside top of the Feed Chute.
- Place the Pulp Container into position by tilting slightly. It’s always a good idea to line the Pulp Container with a plastic bag or one of our Clean & Green Pulp Container bags to help prevent any leaking around the Pulp Container and to make clean up very easy.
- Place the Juice Jug under the spout on the right hand side. Ensure the Juice Jug Lid is used to avoid any splatter.
Blender Set Up
- Insert the Blade Assembly into the Blender Jug base and turn clockwise until securely locked into position. Keep rotating until tight, ensuring the aligning arrow symbol is within the ‘SEAL’ Graphic.
- With the Blender Jug Handle to the left, place the Blender Jug on top of the Motor Base.
- Raise the Safety Locking Arm and lock into the two grooves on either side of the Blender Jug base.
- Place the Lid firmly into position on top of the Blender Jug and insert the Inner Lid by turning clockwise until securely locked into position.
Before First Use
- Remove and safely discard any packaging material and promotional labels.
- Wash the (Juicer) Filter Bowl Surround, Filter Basket, Juicer Cover, Food Pusher, Juice Jug, Juice Jug Lid, Pulp Container in warm soapy water with a soft cloth. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
For the Blender, wash the Lid, Inner Lid, Blender Jug, Removable Silicone Gasket and Removable Blade Assembly in warm soapy water with a soft cloth. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
All Breville® products have at least a one-year limited product warranty, valid from the date of purchase. Should your Breville® product have a defect in product material or workmanship within the Warranty period, Breville® will arrange to have your original product returned to us, and either deliver an identical or comparable replacement to you, free of charge, or apply such other remedy as described below. Some models may have longer warranty periods on the product or specific components so please consult the individual product warranty for complete terms and conditions.
DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO THE STORE*
Please follow these instructions, subject to the terms of the Warranty, to receive faster service:
1. Write down the product model number, batch code (this is a 3 or 4 digit number) and/or serial number. These can be found on a sticker or molded into the product housing and are typically located underneath or on the back of the product
2. Have the original or a copy of the sales receipt.
3. Contact Breville®. Please see Breville® USA contact information below.
4. If the product, or one of its parts, qualifies for replacement or service under the Warranty, Breville® will send a pre-paid shipping label via email so that the product may be sent to Breville® at no cost to you. Upon receipt of the product, Breville® may ship the replacement or contact you with further information regarding repair of the product. Typical turnaround time to address Warranty claims is up to 10 business days, plus shipping, depending on your geographical location and type of damage or Warranty claim.
5. For additional protection of the product and and to ensure secure handling while a product is being returned for any Warranty repair, Breville® recommends that you use Breville’s shipping label or a traceable, insured delivery service. Breville® is not responsible for any damage while a product is in transit.
For the complete terms of warranty, see the warranty PDF:
* California residents – please see paragraph entitled “Warranty Notice to California Residents Only” on page 4.
Care and Use
- As a safety precaution, neither the Juice Extractor or Blender will operate if the Safety Locking Arm is not locked securely into position.
- The button surround will illuminate for 2 minutes before entering a stand-by mode. To re-activate the Juice Extractor or Blender out of the stand-by mode, press or turn the START/OFF button.
- The SMOOTHIE, ICE and PULSE settings can only be selected when the appliance is assembled as a blender.
As a Juice Extractor
- If small amounts are to be juiced, a glass can be substituted for the Juice Jug.
- Do not allow the Pulp Container to over-fill as this may affect the operation of the Juice Extractor. You can empty the Pulp Container while juicing by turning the Juice Extractor off and then carefully removing the Pulp Container. Once emptied, replace the Pulp Container into position and continue to juice.
As a Blender
- If speed 1-5 is selected, the Blender will automatically stop blending after 60 seconds. This is a safety feature and prevents over-processing. If necessary, restart the Blender by pushing the START/OFF button.
- If the Blade Assembly is difficult to remove by hand, insert the provided Blade Removal Tool into the Blade Assembly base and turn counterclockwise.
- When using several ingredients, place liquid ingredients into the Blender Jug before solid ingredients unless specified in the recipe.
- Do not fill the Blender Jug above the ‘MAX’ line. When filled at or near the ‘MAX’ line, ensure to place one hand on the Lid to avoid displacement of the lid during operation.
Your Breville Juice & Blend™ is a quality appliance. The best materials were used in making it, and it was carefully engineered to let you enjoy blending and juicing for years to come.
- Immediately after each use wash the Lid, Inner Lid, Blender Jug, Removable Silicon Gasket and Removable Blade Assembly in warm soapy water with a soft cloth. To remove strong odors, for example, from garlic, fish and some vegetables, soak the disassembled parts for 10 minutes in warm soapy water. Then wash with mild detergent and a cleaning brush. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Alternatively, fill the Blender Jug halfway with warm (not hot) water and add in 1 – 2 drops of dish washing liquid. Place the Blender Jug on the Motor Base and select Speed 1/MIX and run the Blender for 10 – 20 seconds. Remove the Blender Jug and discard the contents. Rinse the Blender Jug with warm water until clean. Dry thoroughly.
- A final alternative is to place these parts in the dishwasher on a normal cycle. Remove the Blade Assembly with the Silicon Gasket still in place, from the Blender Jug. Disassemble the Silicon Gasket from the Blade Assembly and place both parts on the top shelf of the dishwasher with the Lid and Inner Lid. The Blender Jug should be turned upside down (with the jug spout facing downwards) to prevent the dishwasher’s heating element from damaging the Blender Jug Base.
- Wipe the Motor Base with a soft damp cloth and dry thoroughly. Do not use abrasive scouring pads or cleaners when cleaning the Motor Base as these may scratch the surface. Wipe any excess food particles from the power cord.
- Immediately after each use, use the provided nylon brush to thoroughly clean the fine mesh holes of the Filter Basket. Brush the inside of the Filter Basket under running water, holding it up towards a light to ensure the fine mesh holes are not blocked. If the holes are blocked, soak the Filter Basket in hot water with 10% lemon juice to loosen the blocked holes. Alternatively, immediately after each use, wash the Filter Basket in the dishwasher but allow to air dry only.
- Wash the Filter Bowl Surround, Juicer Cover, Food Pusher, Juice Jug, Juice Jug Lid and Pulp Container in warm soapy water with the provided nylon brush or a soft cloth. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Alternatively, place these parts, excluding the Food Pusher, in the dishwasher.
TIP: If the Filter Basket cannot be cleaned immediately after use, soak the Filter Basket in hot soapy water immediately after juicing is complete. If pulp is left to dry on the Filter Basket, it may clog the fine mesh holes, thereby lessening the effectiveness of the Juice Extractor.
Do not soak the Filter Basket in bleach.
TIP: Discoloration of the plastic parts may occur with strongly colored fruit and vegetables. To help prevent this, wash parts immediately after use. If discoloration does occur, the plastic parts can be soaked in 10% lemon juice and water or they can be cleaned with a non-abrasive cleaner.
|1.||Wash and prepare your selection of fruit and/or vegetables:
|2.||Ensure the Juice Extractor is correctly assembled with the Safety Locking Arm securely locked into the vertical position and the Juice Jug under the spout.|
|4.||Rotate the START | OFF button to the desired speed. A juicing speed guide is provided below and in the instruction book. For your convenience, a juicing speed guide is also printed on the inside of the Pulp Container.|
|5.||Push the START | OFF button. With the motor running, place food into the Feed Chute. Do not load the Feed Chute with food until the motor is running.|
|6.||Using the Food Pusher, gently guide food down the Feed Chute. Do not exert excess pressure. To extract the maximum amount of juice, always push the Food Pusher down slowly.|
|7.||As fruits and vegetables are processed, juice will flow into the Juice Jug and the separated pulp will accumulate in the Pulp Container.|
|8.||Immediately after each use, use the provided nylon brush to thoroughly clean the fine mesh holes of the Filter Basket and rinse the remaining removable parts under running water.|
TIP: When juicing herbs, sprouts or leafy green vegetables, either wrap them together to form a bundle or juice them in the middle of a combination of ingredients on low speed to obtain the best extraction. If only juicing herbs or leafy green vegetables, the juice yield will be low due to the nature of centrifugal juicing. It is advised to juice them with a combination of other fruits and vegetables.
|FOOD TO BE JUICED||Speed|
|Apricots (stone removed)||2|
|Beets (cleaned, trimmed)||5|
|Brussel sprouts (trimmed)||5|
|Cucumber, soft skinned||4|
|Kiwi fruit (peeled)||2|
|Mangoes (peeled, stone re- moved)||2|
|Nectarines (stone removed)||2|
|Peaches (stone removed)||2|
|Pears hard (stalks removed)||5|
|Pears soft (stalks removed)||2|
|Plums (stone removed)||2|
|1.||Ensure the Blender is correctly assembled with the Safety Locking Arm securely locked into the vertical position.|
|2.||Add food or liquid to the Blender Jug ensuring not to exceed the ‘MAX’ line. When filled at or near the ‘MAX’ line, ensure to place one hand on the Lid to avoid displacement during operation.
NOTE: If any liquid appears around the top of the Motor Base, ensure the Blender is turned off before removing the Blender Jug from the Motor Base. Immediately dry the Motor Base with a soft cloth or paper towel to absorb the liquid and check that the Removable Silicon Gasket and Removable Blade Assembly are correctly assembled.
|3.||Place the Lid firmly into position on top of the Blender Jug and insert the Inner Lid by turning clockwise until securely locked into position.|
|5||Rotate the START | OFF button to the desired speed. For your convenience, a blending speed guide is printed on the stainless steel collar of the Blender Jug.|
|6.||Push the START | OFF button. If necessary, the 1oz (30ml) Inner Lid can be used to measure and add ingredients while blending. Remove the Inner Lid and add ingredients while on speeds 1/MIX, 2/CHOP or 3/BLEND.|
|7.||Immediately after each use, wash the Blender Jug and all its parts. A quick method is to immediately fill the Blender Jug halfway with warm (not hot) water and add 1-2 drops of dishwashing liquid. Place the Blender Jug on the Motor Base. Select speed 1/MIX and run the Blender for 10-20 seconds. Remove the Blender Jug and discard the soapy water. Rinse the Blender Jug with warm water until clean.|
Additional Blender Settings
|Low speeds||Use low speeds (1-3 – MIX, CHOP and BLEND) for emulsions such as mayonnaise, dressings and marinades.|
|High speeds||Use high speeds (4-5 – LIQUIFY and PUREE) for puréeing soups and aerating liquids.|
|SMOOTHIE||Use the SMOOTHIE setting for drink making using both liquid and solid ingredients.|
|ICE||Use the ICE setting for ice crushing. Process up to one standard ice cube tray or 12-14 standard ice cubes at one time. The type of ice used will affect the consistency of the crushed ice. To create even, powdery snow for icy drinks and cocktails, use large, solid, dry ice that has come straight from the freezer (22o°F / -5.6o°C, or below). Small, slightly melted or hollow ice may result in a coarser ice, perfect for use as a base for fresh oysters.|
|PULSE||Use the PULSE setting for foods that only require short bursts of power such as chopping nuts.|
|Inner Lid||Use the 1-oz (30 ml) Inner Lid to measure and add ingredients while blending. Remove the Inner Lid and add ingredients while on speeds 1/MIX, 2/ CHOP or 3/BLEND. When operating at higher speeds; with a Blender Jug filled at or near the ‘MAX’ line; or with hot contents – stop the Blender before adding ingredients.|
|Cube food||Make sure all foods are cut into cubes, approximately ¾-inch squares (2 cm) to achieve an even result.|
|Purée||Thick mixtures purée more efficiently if the Blending Jug is ¼ to ½ full.|
|Liquids before solids||When using several ingredients, place liquid ingredients in the Blender Jug before solid ingredients, unless specified in the recipe.|
|Dense mixtures||Do not use the Blender to mix dense, heavy mixtures like dough or mash potatoes. Other, less thick but heavy mixtures may be blended, however depending on the foods being processed, may activate one of the [livman=XXX]motor protection devices[/livman] as a safety precaution. For this reason, we recommend that heavy mixtures are only blended for 30-second intervals before turning off the Blender and stirring the ingredients with a plastic spatula. For normal blending tasks, we recommend only blending for up to 1-minute intervals to prevent over-processing.|
|Use lid||Do not operate the Blender without the Lid in position.|
|Food only||Do not place any objects other than food or liquid into the Blender Jug while the motor is running.|
|No boiling||Do not place boiling ingredients into the Blender Jug. Allow ingredients to cool slightly. Select speed 1/MIX initially, then increase to a higher speed if necessary.|
|No storing||Do not use the Blender Jug to store food.|