Know Your Juicer
The Breville Juice Fountain® Elite — The compact design is packed with power. It collects pulp within the footprint of the unit to conserve counter space. Yet it delivers all the power and performance you’d expect from a Breville juicer.
|A. Food Pusher.||B. Patented Extra Wide Feed Chute.|
|C. Safety Locking Arm.||D. Large Pulp Container.|
|E. Off Button.||F. Juicer Cover.|
|G. Stainless Steel Nutri Disc™.||H. High Performance 1000 watt motor.|
|I. Two-Speed Electronic Control.||J. 34fl. oz. (1 liter) Juice Jug.|
Overload Protection Button
- This juicer is fitted with a safety device that safeguards against overheating with excessive loads. If this occurs, the juicer will automatically activate the overload protection button and the unit will turn itself off. If this occurs, unplug the unit and allow it to cool, normally about 15 minutes. After it has cooled, press the Overload Protection Button found on the bottom of the Motor Base. This will reset the safety device and the juicer is ready to use again.
3″ Feed Chute
- This juicer also comes with an extra wide 3″ feed chute. Most fruits and vegetables require some cutting up and sizing in order to make them fit appropriately through the chute. With this extra wide chute, most fruits and vegetables, such as apples, carrots and cucumbers, will not need to be cut in size to fit into the chute, they can be fed in whole.
- Place the Filter Bowl Surround on top of the Motor Base
- Align the arrows on the Nutri Disc™ with the arrows on the Motor Drive coupling and push down until it clicks into place.
- Place the Juicer Cover over the Filter Bowl Surround, positioning the Juicer Cover over the Nutri Disc™ and lower it into position.
- Raise the Safety Locking Arm up and lock it into the two grooves on either side of the Juicer Cover.
- Place the Pulp Container into position by tilting slightly and sliding it under the large chute opening on the Juicer Cover.
- Place the Juice Jug under the spout on the right hand side of the Juicer.
Before First Use
- Remove all packing materials and promotional tags from the Juicer and dispose of them safely.
- Wash the Food Pusher, Pulp Container, Juicer Cover, Nutri Disc™, Juice Jug and Juice Jug Lid in warm water with a soft cloth.
- Make sure that all fruit and vegetable to be juiced are washed thoroughly.
All Breville® products have at least a one-year limited product warranty, valid from the date of purchase. Should your Breville® product have a defect in product material or workmanship within the Warranty period, Breville® will arrange to have your original product returned to us, and either deliver an identical or comparable replacement to you, free of charge, or apply such other remedy as described below. Some models may have longer warranty periods on the product or specific components so please consult the individual product warranty for complete terms and conditions.
DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO THE STORE*
Please follow these instructions, subject to the terms of the Warranty, to receive faster service:
1. Write down the product model number, batch code (this is a 3 or 4 digit number) and/or serial number. These can be found on a sticker or molded into the product housing and are typically located underneath or on the back of the product
2. Have the original or a copy of the sales receipt.
3. Contact Breville®. Please see Breville® USA contact information below.
4. If the product, or one of its parts, qualifies for replacement or service under the Warranty, Breville® will send a pre-paid shipping label via email so that the product may be sent to Breville® at no cost to you. Upon receipt of the product, Breville® may ship the replacement or contact you with further information regarding repair of the product. Typical turnaround time to address Warranty claims is up to 10 business days, plus shipping, depending on your geographical location and type of damage or Warranty claim.
5. For additional protection of the product and and to ensure secure handling while a product is being returned for any Warranty repair, Breville® recommends that you use Breville’s shipping label or a traceable, insured delivery service. Breville® is not responsible for any damage while a product is in transit.
For the complete terms of warranty, see the warranty PDF:
* California residents – please see paragraph entitled “Warranty Notice to California Residents Only” on page 4.
Care and Use
- Most fruits and vegetables such as apples, carrots and cucumbers will not need t6o be cut to size as these will fit into the feed chute whole. When juicing carrots place the tip of the carrot into the feed chute last.
- To Minimize clean up, place a produce bag in the Pulp Container to collect the pulp
Follow these instructions to clean all surfaces of parts that come into contact with food during normal use.
Always ensure that Breville Juice Fountain Elite is unplugged from the power outlet before cleaning, disassembling, or assembling and storing the appliance.
|1.||For easy cleaning, rinse removable parts under running water immediately following each use. Allow parts to air dry.
NOTE: To assist with cleaning, soak the Stainless Steel Filter Basket in hot soapy water for approximately 10 minutes immediately after juicing is completed. If pulp is left to dry on the Filter it may clog the fine pores of the mesh thereby lessening the effectiveness of the Juicer.
|2.||After you disassemble the unit, removable parts may be washed in hot soapy water, then rinsed well and dried.|
|3.||The Breville Juice Fountain Elite Juicer Cover, Filter Bowl Surround, Pulp Container, Stainless Steel Filter Basket, and Juice Jug are dishwasher-safe (top shelf only).
NOTE: Do not wash the Food Pusher in the dishwasher.
|4.||Wipe the motor base with a damp cloth.
Be sure to wipe clean the top of the motor base, especially around the locking mechanism. This will prevent stickiness to avoid future difficulty in removing the Filter Bowl Surround and the Filter Basket.
|5.||For consistent juicing results always ensure that the Stainless Steel Filter Basket is thoroughly cleaned using the supplied nylon brush. Using the nylon washing brush, hold the Stainless Steel Filter Basket under running water and brush from the inside of the disc. Hold it up towards a light to detect whether the fine mesh holes are blocked.
If the holes are blocked, soak the Stainless Steel Filter Basket in hot water with 10% lemon juice to loosen the blocked holes.
Alternatively, wash the Stainless Steel Filter Basket in the dishwasher.
NOTE: Always treat the Stainless Steel Filter Basket with care as it can be easily damaged. Do not soak the Stainless Steel Filter Basket in bleach.
NOTE: Discoloration of the plastic may occur with strongly colored fruit and vegetables. To help prevent this, wash parts immediately after use. If discoloration does occur, the plastic parts can be soaked in 10% lemon juice and water or they can be cleaned with a non-abrasive cleaner.
|Apples||● High||Apricots||● Low|
|Beet||● High||Blueberries||● Low|
|Broccoli||● Low||Brussels Sprouts||● High|
|Cabbage||● Low||Carrots||● High|
|Cauliflower||● Low||Celery||● High|
|Cucumber||● Low||Fennel||● High|
|Grapes||● Low||Kiwi Fruit||● Low|
|Mangoes||● Low||Nectarines||● Low|
|Oranges||● Low||Peaches||● High or Low|
|Pears||● Low||Pineapple||● High (for HARD)
● Low (for SOFT)
|Plums||● High||Raspberries||● Low|
|Tomatoes||● Low||Watermelon||● Low|
The main cause of your juicer not starting or of it stopping while juicing is the triggering of the Overload Protection.
While the juicer pulp should be dry, it’s not really going to come out of the machine like saw dust. There will always be a slight dampness to it but squeezing the pulp should not produce copious amounts of liquid after processing and the pulp should be spun out of the Nutri Disc™ and into the pulp container efficiently.
- If the pulp is overly wet and less juice is being extracted then expected, the first thing to do is make sure that the juicer speed is not too high, try a lower speed setting. If the speed is a bit much for the food being juices, the liquid may not have time to move through the filter and instead my cling to the pulp and move out along with it.
- The next thing to check is the filter basket, is the mesh clogged or are there food fibers coating the blades. These can hinder the correct processing of the foods and cause the juice to, again, move out of the machine with the pulp, making it wetter then normal.
- If the pulp is clogging up inside the juicer top cover, it may be that the speed is too high to move the pulp out of the pulp chute and into the pulp container, and, instead, the Nutri Disc™ is releasing the pulp so that it is hitting the upper part of the top cover. Turn off the juicer and remove the top cover, clear out the pulp that is collected in the top cover and replace it back on the juicer. Restart juicing, using a lower speed.
- Push the food pusher down the chute at a slower pace, letting the blades process the food a bit slower
The filter basket, or Nutri Disc™, is vitally important to the operation of the Juice Fountain® Elite as well as all of Breville’s centrifugal juicers. It houses the blades and the filtering mesh that keeps the pulp from the juice. The mesh of the filter basket, or Nutri Disc™, becoming clogged can cause a large variety of issues that may seemingly be unrelated. Leaking from most places around the filter bowl surround rim and the juicer cover rim; overly wet pulp; reduced juice amounts from extractions; larger then normal chunks of food appearing in the pulp or bouncing around the interior of the filter basket. There may be different things that could cause all of those but there is one thing that can cause them all: a clogged Nutri Disc™.
- Some fruits and vegetables can be very fibrous. Not meaning that they are high in dietary fiber but that the actual flesh is laid out into longer fibrous sections. Celery is a prime example of this as well as ginger, coconuts, and pineapple. The flesh of these food items will leave long string like fibers on the blade of the Nutri Disc™ and on the mesh, effectively blocking the sharp edges and plugging the mesh holes. When juice can not flow between the mesh, it works it’s way up the Nutri Disc™ sides due to the turning force of the juicer. Once at the top of the Nutri Disc™ sides, it sprays a bit out at the juicer cover and filter bowl surround and with how fast the juicer is spinning it and how quickly this can be pressed against the blades, a lot of juice can be sprayed, causing a leak between the seams of these two parts.
- If the fruits and vegetables are very fibrous, those fibers can effectively ‘wrap’ around the blades of the Nutri Disc™. This means that, while they can still slice through the food, they are dulled and will not do so easily or efficiently and end up with a more ‘grind’ like motion instead of slicing/grating that should be happening. Generally the speed that the Nutri Disc™ is turning will allow the food to be juiced up until the last 1/2 inch nub or so. If the blade is clogged the sharp edges can not continue grabbing at the food to keep it juicing even after it looses contact with the bottom of the food pusher, making that un-juiced nub much larger then previously seen.
- The juice of the food being processed should flow easily through the mesh, into the juice collector. The pulp is separated out and sent to the pulp container. If the mesh is clogged, the juice will not flow through easily and will be moved with the pulp causing it to be wetter then normal. The amount of juice that ends up in the juice collector will be less then normal due to it being diverted into the pulp container.
It’s always best to clean the Nutri Disc™ thoroughly after each use. If very fibrous food is being juiced, especially items like celery and ginger, alternating between harder and softer foods can assist in cleaning some of that pulp from the mesh and blades, however this will only marginally improve the results. The best and most through way to unclog the Nutri Disc™ is to stop the juicing after those items are processed, thoroughly clean both the the Nutri Disc™ mesh and blades, reinsert the Nutri Disc™ into the machine and commence juicing again.