Know Your Waffle Maker
The Breville® BWM520XL No-mess Waffle™ – How do you make crispy golden waffles without the mess? The Breville® BWM520XL No-mess Waffle™ is a classic waffle maker with a no-mess moat. The moat captures and cooks any overflow batter for easy clean up. A browning control allows the customization of your favorite waffles every time.
|A. Storage Locking Clip.||B. Die-Case Aluminum Cooking Plates.|
|C. PFOA-Free Non-Stick Coating.||D. POWER/DARKNESS Control Dial.|
|E. Stainless Steel Housing.||F. Integrated Moat.|
|G. POWER Light.||H. READY Light.|
The BWM520XL comes with some special features.
- Ready Notifications – When the waffle maker reaches the correct temperature, the READY light will illuminate and three audible alerts will sound, both indicating that the waffle maker is ready to cook.
- Darkness Control Dial – The POWER/DARKNESS Control Dial has 7 settings for darkness to allow for a customized waffle every time.
- The Moat – A wide wrap-around moat catches and cooks any overflow from the waffle plates, making clean up a snap.
Set up of the No-mess Waffle™ is quick and easy.
- Place the waffle maker on a flat dry surface.
- Ensure that there is a minimum distance of 4 inches on all sides of the waffle maker and there are no items on top of the waffle maker as well
- Plug the waffle maker power cord into a 120v wall outlet.
Before First Use
- Remove all packaging and promotional materials and labels and safely discard.
- Wipe the waffle maker cooking plates with a damp sponge or cloth and dry thoroughly.
- Wipe the outside of the waffle maker with a soft damp cloth to remove any packaging materials that may remain. Dry thoroughly.
Breville® Limited Product Warranty
All Breville® products have at least a one-year limited product warranty, valid from the date of purchase. Should your Breville® product have a defect in product material or workmanship within the Warranty period, Breville® will arrange to have your original product returned to us, and either deliver an identical or comparable replacement to you, free of charge or apply such other remedy as described below. Some models may have longer warranty periods on the product or specific components so please consult the individual product warranty for complete terms and conditions.
DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO THE STORE*
Please follow these instructions, subject to the terms of the Warranty, to receive faster service:
1. Write down the product model number, batch code (this is a 3 or 4 digit number) and/or serial number. These can be found on a sticker or molded into the product housing and are typically located underneath or on the back of the product
2. Have the original or a copy of the sales receipt.
3. Contact Breville®. Please see Breville® USA contact information below.
4. If the product, or one of its parts, qualifies for replacement or service under the Warranty, Breville® will send a pre-paid shipping label via email so that the product may be sent to Breville® at no cost to you. Upon receipt of the product, Breville® may ship the replacement or contact you with further information regarding repair of the product. Typical turnaround time to address Warranty claims is up to 10 business days, plus shipping, depending on your geographical location and type of damage or Warranty claim.
5. For additional protection of the product and to ensure secure handling while a product is being returned for any Warranty repair, Breville® recommends that you use Breville’s shipping label or a traceable, insured delivery service. Breville® is not responsible for any damage while a product is in transit.
For the complete terms of the warranty, see the warranty PDF:
One-Year Limited Product Warranty
* California residents – please see paragraph entitled “Warranty Notice to California Residents Only” on page 4.
Care and Use
- Always keep the lid closed when cooking in the waffle maker.
- Always leave the storage clip open when cooking in the waffle maker. Waffles will expand and if the clip is closed, there may not be enough room for that expansion.
- For the very first use of the waffle maker, we recommend setting 3 on the darkness control dial. The darkness can be adjusted up or down from there per preference.
- Use approximately ½ cup of batter, evenly spread over the cooking plates.
- For each additional waffle that is being made, close the lid and allow the waffle maker to fully reheat before the next batch of batter is added.
- The POWER light will remain lit so long as the waffle maker is turned on and plugged in. However, the READY light will only be lit after pre-heating and when a cooking cycle is completed.
- Turn the POWER/DARKNESS control dial to ‘OFF’ before cleaning.
- Unplug the waffle maker before cleaning.
- Allow the waffle maker to cool before cleaning. Cleaning is always easier with the waffle maker being a bit warm but it must cool significantly before cleaning begins.
- Always clean the waffle maker after each use.
- Using a soft damp cloth or sponge, remove all food residue from the plates and moat. The ridges on the plates will take a minute or two to work around but it is very important that all residue be removed.
- Dry the plates and moat thoroughly.
- Wipe down the exterior of the waffle maker with a soft cloth.
- Close the lid and lock the storage clip.
- If multiple waffles are to be created, allow for plate re-heating time between each waffle. This will ensure that the results are as consistent as possible.
- The use of non-stick cooking sprays is not required on the non-stick plates and may actually alter their performance. It is recommended that non-stick sprays are not used with the waffle maker.
- The plates do have a non-stick coating. Do not clean with abrasive cleaners or scourers.
- Do not use metal utensil’s in the waffle maker. We recommend the use of silicone or heat-resistant plastic tongs or spatulas to remove the waffles from the maker.
- It is fully expected that, at times, the batter will overflow into the moat. It is, however, important that the peaks on the plate be covered by batter so that the times will be correct and the results be even.