Know Your Waffle Maker
The Smart Waffle™ 2-Slice — With a No-Mess moat, non stick plates, Waffle IQ™ and 5 different darkness settings as well as a manual setting, it’s the perfect waffle every time.
|A. Cool-Touch Handle.||B. Locking Latch.|
|C. Die-cast Aluminum Cooking Plates.||D. PFOA-free Non-Stick Coating.|
|E. POWER Dial.||F. Stainless Steel Housing.|
|G. Breville Assist® Plug.||H. Integrated Moat.|
|I. Darkness Control Dial.|
- PFOA-Free Non-Stick Coating – The grilling plates and moat are coated with a PFOA-free non-stick coating that allows for easy removal of waffles and spills.
- Integrated Moat – An integrated overflow moat surrounds the grilling plates. This allows for easy, quick clean up.
- Die-Cast Aluminum Plates – Thick die-cast aluminum plates allow for more even heating and better heat retention.
- Place the waffle maker on a flat dry surface, ensuring that there is a MINIMUM of four inches of clear space on all sides of the waffle maker. This includes over top of the waffle maker; nothing should ever be placed on top of the waffle maker.
- Unwind and plug the power cord and plug into a grounded 110/120v wall outlet.
- Before turning the waffle maker on, wipe down the plates and outer housing.
Before First Use
Breville® Limited Product Warranty
All Breville® products have at least a one-year limited product warranty, valid from the date of purchase. Should your Breville® product have a defect in product material or workmanship within the Warranty period, Breville® will arrange to have your original product returned to us, and either deliver an identical or comparable replacement to you, free of charge or apply such other remedy as described below. Some models may have longer warranty periods on the product or specific components so please consult the individual product warranty for complete terms and conditions.
DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO THE STORE*
Please follow these instructions, subject to the terms of the Warranty, to receive faster service:
1. Write down the product model number, batch code (this is a 3 or 4 digit number) and/or serial number. These can be found on a sticker or molded into the product housing and are typically located underneath or on the back of the product
2. Have the original or a copy of the sales receipt.
3. Contact Breville®. Please see Breville® USA contact information below.
4. If the product, or one of its parts, qualifies for replacement or service under the Warranty, Breville® will send a pre-paid shipping label via email so that the product may be sent to Breville® at no cost to you. Upon receipt of the product, Breville® may ship the replacement or contact you with further information regarding repair of the product. Typical turnaround time to address Warranty claims is up to 10 business days, plus shipping, depending on your geographical location and type of damage or Warranty claim.
5. For additional protection of the product and to ensure secure handling while a product is being returned for any Warranty repair, Breville® recommends that you use Breville’s shipping label or a traceable, insured delivery service. Breville® is not responsible for any damage while a product is in transit.
For the complete terms of the warranty, see the warranty PDF:
One-Year Limited Product Warranty
* California residents – please see paragraph entitled “Warranty Notice to California Residents Only” on page 4.
Care and Use
- The locking latch should never be used when batter is in the cooking plates. This should only be used when storing the waffle maker.
- Do not use non-stick cooking sprays as they can impact the performance of the non-stick surface on the cooking plates.
- If waffles are not removed immediately after the cooking cycle has completed, an audible alert will sound every 30 seconds until they are removed.
- Waffles should be made with approximately ½ cup of batter in the center of each waffle sections to be made.
- Do not use metal or other abrasive cleaning tools or cooking tools on the waffle maker as these can damage the non-stick surface.