Know Your Waffle Maker
the Smart Waffle™ 4-Slice – – Good waffle batters start with sticky ingredients. How do you make crispy golden waffles without the mess? With Waffle IQ™ and an integrated moat, the Smart Waffle™ 4-Slice is simple to use and easy to clean up.
|A. POWER/MENU Dial.||B. Top Plate Lid.|
|C. Storage Locking Clip.||D. LCD with Countdown Timer.|
|E. Browning Control Dial.||F. Restart Timer Button.|
|G. Integrated Moat.||H. Stainless Steel Housing.|
|I. Breville Assist™ Plug.||J. PFOA-Free Non-Stick.|
|K. Die-Cast Aluminum Cooking Plates.||L. A Bit More® Button.|
The Smart Waffle™ 4-Slice comes with some special features.
- No-Mess Moat – No mess and no waste. The integrated No-Mess Moat wraps around the waffle maker so that any batter that might normally spill over the sides is caught and and cooked in the non-stick coated moat for easy removal with little effort.
- A Bit More® Button – Able to be turned on before or during a cooking cycle, the A Bit More® button allows the addition of a little extra time so that the waffles reach the perfect brownness.
- Waffle IQ™ – With Waffle IQ™, the cooking time is automatically calculated to suit your waffle style and color. The Waffle IQ™ takes into account the style selection and darkness selection chosen, calculates the correct time and optimal temperature for the perfect waffle results.
Set up of the Smart Waffle™ 4-Slice is quick and easy.
- Ensure that the power cord is unwound completely from the waffle maker.
- Before using, check that there is a minimum of 4″(inches) of space on ALL sides of the waffle maker, including behind and over top.
- Wipe down the waffle maker cooking plates with a damp sponge or cloth then dry thoroughly.
Before First Use
- Remove and safely discard all packaging and promotional materials and labels.
- Please note that there may be some tape on the waffle maker as well. This will need to be removed prior to first use.
- Wipe down the waffle cooking plates thoroughly with warm soapy water and a damp soft cloth or sponge. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Wash the dosing cup in hot soapy water. Do not place in the dishwasher.
Breville® Limited Product Warranty
All Breville® products have at least a one-year limited product warranty, valid from the date of purchase. Should your Breville® product have a defect in product material or workmanship within the Warranty period, Breville® will arrange to have your original product returned to us, and either deliver an identical or comparable replacement to you, free of charge or apply such other remedy as described below. Some models may have longer warranty periods on the product or specific components so please consult the individual product warranty for complete terms and conditions.
DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO THE STORE*
Please follow these instructions, subject to the terms of the Warranty, to receive faster service:
1. Write down the product model number, batch code (this is a 3 or 4 digit number) and/or serial number. These can be found on a sticker or molded into the product housing and are typically located underneath or on the back of the product
2. Have the original or a copy of the sales receipt.
3. Contact Breville®. Please see Breville® USA contact information below.
4. If the product, or one of its parts, qualifies for replacement or service under the Warranty, Breville® will send a pre-paid shipping label via email so that the product may be sent to Breville® at no cost to you. Upon receipt of the product, Breville® may ship the replacement or contact you with further information regarding repair of the product. Typical turnaround time to address Warranty claims is up to 10 business days, plus shipping, depending on your geographical location and type of damage or Warranty claim.
5. For additional protection of the product and to ensure secure handling while a product is being returned for any Warranty repair, Breville® recommends that you use Breville’s shipping label or a traceable, insured delivery service. Breville® is not responsible for any damage while a product is in transit.
For the complete terms of the warranty, see the warranty PDF:
One-Year Limited Product Warranty
* California residents – please see paragraph entitled “Warranty Notice to California Residents Only” on page 4.
Care and Use
- When using the waffle maker for the first time with each of the waffle type settings, leave the cooking preset at the default 6 bar “golden brown” color setting. After the first trial run on that type, the setting can then be adjusted darker or lighter depending on preference.
- It is important to note that the same waffles cooked on a different day may have different cooking times. Even if the same waffle batter type and shade setting are used, the cooking time may actually need to be slightly different for each batch of waffles due to other variables that the Waffle IQ™ takes into account
- Do not use metal utensils when removing waffles from the waffle maker as they may scratch the non-stick surface.
- If the waffles are not removed immediately after the cooking cycle has completed, an audible alert will sound every 30 seconds.
- The storage clip should never be used to clamp down the top plate when batter is cooking in the cooking plates.
- The cooking plates, hinges, and overflow moat are coated with a non-stick surface. Do not use abrasives or metal utensils.
- Do not use spray-on non-stick coating as this will affect the performance of the non-stick surface on the cooking plates.
- Before cleaning, ensure that the POWER/MENU dial is set to OFF and the power plus is removed from the power outlet.
- Allow the waffle maker to cool before cleaning. Though the waffle maker is easier to clean when warm, it must cooled down significantly from cooking temperature to avoid possible burns.
- Clean the waffle maker after each use to prevent build up of baked-on foods.
- Wipe the cooking plates with a soft cloth that is damp with warm soapy water. Make sure to clean the hinges and the overflow moat as well. Rinse with a soft cloth damp with fresh water and dry thoroughly.
- Clean the dosing up with hot soapy water using a soft sponge.
- To remove stubborn residue, use a non abrasive plastic scouring pad or nylon washing brush.
- Always allow the ‘Heating’ cycle to complete before beginning to cook waffles.
- The ‘Custom’ setting on the waffle maker refers to a custom recipe with no preset cooking times or temperatures. This allows the use of personal preference towards ingredients and browness without the Waffle IQ™ selecting.
- When making a custom waffle, please note, additional sugar items will cause a waffle batter to brown quicker then others.
- At the end of a cooking cycle, three audible alerts will sound and the word “End” will appear on the LCD screen. If the waffles are not removed immediately after the cooking cycle has completed, an audible alert will sound every 30 seconds.