Know Your Toaster
The Breville Die-Cast 4-Slice Smart Toaster™ — Easy and perfect toast every time. Dual action controls let you toast for two different tastes.
Motorized one-touch technology. Mechanized lowering for gentler handling. Consumer research led designers to add A Bit More™ browning and the Auto Lift and Look™ features. Bagel setting knows to toast only on the inside.
Sleek, modern, brushed stainless steel in smooth lines accents your kitchen with style. Extra-wide slots for artisan breads, bagels, and pastries. Front pull-out crumb tray for no-lift cleaning.
|A. ‘TOAST/CANCEL’ Button.||B. Brushed Die-Cast Body.|
|C. LED Toasting Progress Indicator.||D. Slide-Out Crumb Tray.|
|E. Variable Browning Control Slide.||F. Cord Storage.|
|G. Intelligent Auto-Lowering 1.5″(W) x 5.5″(H) Slots with Self Centering Carriage.||H. ‘DEFROST’ Button.|
|I. ‘A Bit More’™ Button.||J. ‘BAGEL’ Button.|
|K. Auto ‘Lift & Look’™ Button.||Not Shown Breville Assist™ Plug.|
The Die-Cast 4-Slice Smart Toaster™ comes with some special features.
- ‘Lift & Look’™ Button – Pressing this button will not pause the toasting cycle but will raise the carriage up and down slowly one time to allow a full view on the progress of the toasting.
- ‘A Bit More’™ Button – Pressing this allows the addition of a little time to the toasting cycle to ensure it’s perfectly.
- Motorized Carriage – The simple press of the ‘TOAST/CANCEL’ Button automatically lowers the motorized carriage into the toaster
- Wipe the outside of the toaster with a soft damp cloth and dry thoroughly.
- Insert the crumb tray into the slot on the bottom of the toaster.
Before First Use
- Remove and safely discard all packaging and promotional materials and labels.
- ensure that the crumb tray is inserted into the slot on the bottom of the toaster.
- Place the toaster on a flat solid surface that is in a very well ventilated space.
- Slide the Variable Browning Control Slide to it’s maximum setting.
- Do NOT place anything in the toasting slots.
- Plug the toaster in and depress the Lift & Look®/High Lift Lever.
- Allow the toaster to complete the toasting cycle.
Breville® Limited Product Warranty
All Breville® products have at least a one-year limited product warranty, valid from the date of purchase. Should your Breville® product have a defect in product material or workmanship within the Warranty period, Breville® will arrange to have your original product returned to us, and either deliver an identical or comparable replacement to you, free of charge or apply such other remedy as described below. Some models may have longer warranty periods on the product or specific components so please consult the individual product warranty for complete terms and conditions.
DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO THE STORE*
Please follow these instructions, subject to the terms of the Warranty, to receive faster service:
1. Write down the product model number, batch code (this is a 3 or 4 digit number) and/or serial number. These can be found on a sticker or molded into the product housing and are typically located underneath or on the back of the product
2. Have the original or a copy of the sales receipt.
3. Contact Breville®. Please see Breville® USA contact information below.
4. If the product, or one of its parts, qualifies for replacement or service under the Warranty, Breville® will send a pre-paid shipping label via email so that the product may be sent to Breville® at no cost to you. Upon receipt of the product, Breville® may ship the replacement or contact you with further information regarding repair of the product. Typical turnaround time to address Warranty claims is up to 10 business days, plus shipping, depending on your geographical location and type of damage or Warranty claim.
5. For additional protection of the product and to ensure secure handling while a product is being returned for any Warranty repair, Breville® recommends that you use Breville’s shipping label or a traceable, insured delivery service. Breville® is not responsible for any damage while a product is in transit.
For the complete terms of the warranty, see the warranty PDF:
One-Year Limited Product Warranty
* California residents – please see paragraph entitled “Warranty Notice to California Residents Only” on page 4.
Care and Use
- When toasting bread for the first time, it is suggested to toast on browning setting 3. Various types of bread and personal preference may require a different browning setting. For example, raisin toast and white, light textured, breads may require a lighter setting while heavier textured breads. like rye bread, may require a darker setting.
- Toasting can be stopped at any time by pressing the CANCEL button.
- After 2 minutes of inactivity, the toaster will go into a standby mode. This is a power saving mode where the lights will no longer be illuminated. However, if the toaster is plugged in, and was on previously, then simply pressing any button or moving the browning control will re-activate it.
- It is very important to note that the elements will look different according to the setting being function being used. In normal toasting mode, regardless of whether or not the A Bit More® button or the FROZEN button has been selected, the elements on the outside of the toasting slots will be lit up and the elements on the inside of the slots will not be. However, on the BAGEL function, the inside elements will be illuminated and the outside elements will not. This is the normal functioning of the toaster.
- When not in use or preparing for cleaning, always unplug the toaster.
- Remove the crumb tray from the bottom of the toaster and turn upside down over a trash bin.
- Wipe the crumb dray with a soft damp cloth and dry thoroughly.
- To remove any additional crumbs, turn the toaster upside down over a trash bin and shake the crumbs free.
- Do not clean with a metal scouring pad as pieces can break off the pad and touch electrical parts, creating an electric shock hazard. These harsh scouring pads will also scratch and mar the finish.
- Do not submerge the toaster or plug in water or any other liquid.
Tips for Toaster Use
- When using the toaster on a type of bread not used before, it’s recommended that the browning setting be ’3′ for the first two pieces. After that adjustments can be made accordingly for preference. Though a setting of, for example, ’4′ is perfect for the standard wheat bread or white bread that might be mostly used, additional sugars, fruit/nut/other add-ins, and even the type of flour used can cause different breads to brown faster or slower.
- When the A BIT MORE® button has been selected, the button surround will light up white during the toasting cycle.
- The A BIT MORE® function can be deselected, or cancelled, at any time during the toasting cycle by simply pressing the A BIT MORE® button again. The button surround light will go off.
- When using the LIFT & LOOK® lever, simply raise the lever up to view the toasting progress and lower back down when finished checking.
Smoke coming from any kitchen appliance is rarely a good thing. There can be a couple of simple solutions to this.
- Press the cancel button and allow the toast to rise from the toasting slots. Verify that the bread/toast, itself, is burnt. If so, it may be that the ‘Doneness’ selector was set too high. Move the selector down one or two notches and see if this improves the toast.
- If the bread is not burnt, the issue may be crumbs. Beneath all Breville toasters is a crumb tray to catch those stray bread particles and make them easy to dispose of. However, every so often these do need to be cleaned out. If it has not been done in a while, the crumbs, consisting of bread and often times bits of anything added to the bread like raisins or nuts, can build up and after repeated toasting, begin smoking during the toasting process. Slide the crumb trays out from beneath the toaster and empty them into a trash bin. Rinse the trays, washing with warm soapy water if needed, and dry thoroughly. This, however, is not the end of the crumbs. It’s best to, periodically, turn the toaster upside down over a trash bin and tap the side to work loose any crumbs that may be attached to the interior of the toasting slots. Once done, return the toaster to a flat solid surface and slide the crumb trays back into the slot beneath it.